On this episode of Delicious Dishes, Chef Jerry makes some AMAZING Pumpkin Soup, that would be perfect for the holidays!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can diced or stewed tomatoes
- 1 can pumpkin puree, unsweetened
- 4 cups chicken broth or stock, warmed
- Ground or fresh grated nutmeg
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
In a heavy large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in thyme, tomatoes, and pumpkin puree and bring to a simmer. Add warmed chicken stock and season lightly with salt and pepper. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
Puree soup in 3 batches in a blender and return to stove on low. Season to taste with nutmeg, salt and pepper. Stir in cream and return to a simmer. Lower heat to low and correct seasoning as needed. Serve with sliced scallion and a dash of nutmeg.